Paul Jansen:
@Delfs A recent issue with calls to the BF API endpoints has reminded me that it is really important to be able to catch within BF when a FileMaker Server is not available and provide sensible feedback. This is important for both regular Bf sites as well as API calls. I know I have mentioned this before, so I wonder if you have been able to consider how this might be addressed. We are dreaming if we think that a FileMaker Server can run 24/7/365 ( we all know how long Microsoft Windows Server updates can take) and i believe it is important to be able to handle downtime sensibly. Thanks

Delfs:
With new custom errors handlers I think we should be able to intercept and do what ever action you like. What do you think the default should be?

Paul Jansen:
That sound really cool. When might this be available? If the FileMaker Server is not available for BF to connect to, a default message could be something generic like “Application server unavailable”. I would probably customize by adding contact information.

Delfs:
it is not in BFF_Staging, info on custom errors can be found in this supplement :
https://delfsengineering.notion.site/BetterForms-Error-Pages-API-c637dca484a94de4862053fcbf104f8d